We seek to provide the highest level of care through our state of the art technologies to the San Antonio, TX area. We are devoted to addressing the individual needs and demands of patients in a warm and caring environment.
DR RENATA BASTOS FORD
Dr. Ford makes a point of addressing the individual needs of all patients in a warm and caring environment including coaching patients on lifestyle choices through her practice to improve surgical outcomes and support recovery. Make an appointment today.
- American Board of Thoracic Surgeons
- American Board of General Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Carolina University: Robotic & Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery Fellowship
- Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery
- Atrial Fibrillation Surgery
- Mitrial Valve Surgery
- Off-pump Coronary Surgery
- Reoperation / Redo Surgery
- Cornell University Program Lincoln Hospital, NY NY:
- General Surgery Residency University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio TX:
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University: Robotic & Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery Fellowship
Preoperative vs optimization of patients such as weight loss, exercise, smoking cessation, pulmonary rehab, identifying undiagnosed sleep apnea, nutritional medicine. God, family, outdoors, reading, piano, choir, and foreign languages
English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, German
Care & Expertise
Dr. Ford completed a General Surgery Residency through the Cornell University Program at Lincoln Hospital in New York City and a Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship at the University of Texas Health Sciences Center at San Antonio.
After finishing her training in 2004, she remained as faculty at UTHSCSA until 2010. During this time, she also served as one of only two University Hospital surgeons who manned the surgical team sat the “Audie L. Murphy” VA Hospital. In 2010,
Dr. Ford chose to pursue a Robotic and Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery Fellowship in Mitral Valve and Atrial Fibrillation Surgery with the world-renowned Dr. Chitwood at Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University.
Dr. Chitwood is considered the Father of Robotic Heart Surgery. He was the principal investigator of the FDA Robotic MitraI Valve Surgery clinical trials that led to approval in 2002, for this use in the United States.
Dr. Ford is one of twenty-seven total surgeons and one of only five women in the world fellowship-trained by Dr. Chitwood., Dr. Ford returned to San Antonio to start her independent private practice.
We are available for consultation and surgery in all hospitals in the:
SAN ANTONIO CHRISTUS SANTA ROSA HOSPITAL SYSTEMS
SAN ANTONIO BAPTIST HOSPITAL SYSTEMS
SAN ANTONIO METHODIST HOSPITAL SYSTEMS